Canada boasts a solid financial system, political stability, an excellent educational system, a good social welfare net, and a welcoming immigration policy. And all these things are attracting foreign investors and immigrants, especially from mainland China, who are buying houses, but not just any houses. They are looking at high-end Victoria, BC, real estate.
Earlier it was investors and buyers from Taiwan and Hong Kong coming into the Vancouver area. Now, it is investors and buyers from mainland China, in even greater numbers, seeking to purchase Vancouver and Victoria, BC, real estate. These investors/immigrants view Canada as good place to store their wealth and this area in particular as a good place for their children to get a western education. An added bonus is that it is not all that far from their Asian businesses.
Last year, Soufun, China is largest real estate website, organized a trip to the US in order to buy overseas real estate. This year, Canada was chosen as the destination for the real estate buying expedition. The people on these tours are looking to buy luxury homes for the purpose of immigration and so that they can send their children to Canada for study. The bulk of the activity is in the Vancouver area, but much of it is spilling over to Victoria.
The reasons why wealthy Chinese want to buy in Canada are that:
1. Canada is a safe place for investing in real estate. The Canadian housing market remained relatively unaffected while the US market suffered a devastating downturn. Further, the flow of immigrants into Canada keeps the housing market fairly stable.
2. Canada has one of the best educational systems in the world, with generous government subsidies.
3. Having been voted the most livable place on earth eight years running and with a vibrant cultural diversity, Canada is also attractive to vacation-property investors.
4. Canada is free medical care and substantial childcare subsidies, as well as its solid social welfare and pension programs, make it attractive to both parents of younger children and retirees.
The attractions of Victoria in particular are the mild climate and breathtaking scenery, the cultural diversity and educational opportunities, and the array of entertainment and architecture. The capital city of British Columbia, Victoria is a bustling cosmopolitan city that is home to North America is second-oldest Chinatown. And now Victoria is drawing wealthy Chinese luxury home buyers.
There is, then, an opportunity here for sellers in the high-end Victoria, BC, real estate market. The trick, though, is in knowing just how to market to this new wave of luxury home buyers, and this is where a reputable, knowledgeable Victoria, BC, realtor can be a huge help. Here is what a realtor can do, especially in an unfamiliar market with a new kind of buyer:
1. Provide a comparative market analysis (CMA) to determine the best price so that the asking price is neither too high nor to low, either of which can slow down the sale.
2. Provide a marketing plan aimed specifically at the targeted buyers
3. Ensure maximum exposure to the greatest number of qualified buyers
4. Act as a negotiator and guide throughout the process
The time is ripe for selling luxury homes to these new buyers, but traditional marketing methods may not be enough. You are going to need a Victoria bc realtor with a solid online presence and effective Internet marketing system.