Well, you like the idea of being a fitness/ beauty guru. And you also are sick of regular desk jobs and derive a lot of satisfaction by leading people your way. With increasing numbers of people all over the world becoming health and cosmetic conscious, the demand for products that promise a healthy and attractive body is on a steady rise. You know it and want to put your efforts into this supposedly fertile ground. Now with a lot of players in the field of health and beauty products manufacturing, there is immense competition in the market. For any product to stand out from the rest and sell, it needs to have something different and extra. That extra mile does not necessarily go into the product quality always; more often than not, a great deal of differentiation factor is introduced into its marketing strategies to make it more easily available to people.
What is Herbalife?
Herbalife International is founded in 1980 and its products are targeted at health, obesity management, weight loss etc. Herbalife targets the network marketing field. The company operates on MLM business model where in a buyer of the product brings in more buyers from his network and derives the benefits of being a Herbalife distributor; i.e gets the marketing commission for every piece he sells and every piece his network distributor sells. The question of a pyramid business model being legitimate still persists, although is commonly accepted in some countries. But your primary focus as a distributor should be on the product. Since you sell not just the product but also your credibility, make sure you check the list before dreaming of being a home based business lead for Herbalife products:
- Go through all the Herbalife reviews relating to the products that you
wish to promote from an unbiased standpoint.
- Look closely at the consumers who have used it and observe their levels of contentment with the product.
- Boost your general awareness on health and fitness, since that is the realm your products are related to.
- Get to know how these products are manufactured and how actually they work on the body to render it more youthful, healthy and attractive, as the firm claims. Study their nutrition charts.
- While promoting the product, don't exaggerate its utility and efficiency, and please don't use emotional hijacking as your marketing strategy.
- An important thing to note would be to study the health status and adaptability of your prospective customers to the product you are promoting. Think long term. If their body reacts aversively to the product, you will land in a mess. Even though you may or may not have legal implications, for sure your relationship with that person would be damaged forever.
It takes a lot to build a solid repute among your social circle and the best suggestion that you should get it not to stake your well built image in the pursuit of an uninformed and unsure goal. Clarity is paramount here, as anywhere else. Test the waters well, before you plunge into it headlong.